1. Doors should open inwards to allow beneficial Qi to enter the house.
2. Glass doors. Glass represents the 'Water' element. It is best for main doors facing North, which is also the 'Water' direction.
3. Neutral colors for doors are the safest bet to not clash with the five elements.
4. Bedroom doors should not face the kitchen or bathroom.
5. When entering the front door of a house, you should not be able to see the knobs on the stove/range.
6. Staircases should not be directly in front of the main door.
7. The toilet bowl itself should not be facing the bathroom door directly.
8. Bedroom doors should not face each other (conflicts between the occupants).
9. The main door of a house should not face the main door of your neighbor across the street.
10. Look for sharp corners of buildings pointing at the main door of your house. You can hang a BaGua mirror to resolve this.
11. The front door should not have a unrestricted path straight to the back door or balcony.
12. The front door should not have a tree or lamp post right in front of it.
13. The front door should not face a hill (unless it is far away).